The jury of the Schools Section will choose the winning short films of the FICBUEU 2022FICBUEU
A total of 86 films from centers in Galicia were presented for the 15th edition of the festival, with a large number of pieces from Secondary Education.
The jury of the Schools Section of the 15th edition of the Bueu International Film Festival met today to select, from among the 15 finalist works, the three winners of the corresponding categories (Special, Early Childhood and Primary Education, Secondary Education and Schools of Image and Sound and Faculties), in addition to the winner in the International Schools section.
After a first pre-selection by the FICBUEU team, which was in charge of choosing up to five pieces per category from among the 86 works received for the Galician Schools, now it will be the turn of the three people who make up this year’s Schools Jury, who has the final decision.
This jury, made up of the writer and editor Olalla González, the pedagogue, teacher and researcher specializing in cinema at USC Álvaro Dosil, and the producer, director of animated films and teacher Sergio Clavero, will be responsible for choosing the works winners who will be announced during the Galician Schools Gala, in which the Fundación Novas and Kalandraka collaborate.
A decision that will surely not be easy, taking into account that the number of works was similar to that received in previous years and that their quality and variety is more than remarkable. Almost half (42) correspond to Secondary Education centers, while in the case of Special, Infant and Primary Education and Image and Sound Schools and Faculties the number was similar (23 and 21, respectively).
These figures show not only the great participation and commitment of students and schools, but also the potential of audiovisual and cinema as a tool for work, learning and transmission of values, premises under which the MiniFIC was created. The finalist shorts are the following:
Best Short Film for Special, Early Childhood and Primary Education:
- A coroa da raíña – CEIP Plurilingüe San Marcos (Abegondo)
- Carolina e o corvo de ás brancas – CEIP Do Hío (Cangas)
- Mergullo nas rías – CEIP Do Carballal (Marín)
- Oso atrapabolboretas – CEIP Plurilingüe A Pedra (Bueu)
- Salvar a carballeira – CRA Amencer (San Paio)
Best Secondary Education Short Film:
- Cores – IES As Barxas (Moaña)
- Migrando – IES Praia Barraña (Boiro)
- Non tes prezo – CPI Eusebio Lorenzo Baleirón (Dodro)
- Psicología semanal – IES Terra de Trasancos (Narón)
- Que van dicir de nós – CPI Alcalde Xosé Pichel (Coristanco)
Best Short Film of Image and Sound Schools and Faculties:
- Algas negras – IES Audiovisual de Vigo
- Galleria. Never hug the fence – Escola de Imaxe e Son de Vigo-EISV. CE Marcote
- Separados por unha barreira – CIFP Imaxe e Son A Coruña
- Versos post mortem – Facultade de Ciencias Sociais e da Comunicación (Universidade de Vigo)
- 42º 47 ́ 38.9”N – 8º 30 ́ 15.8”O – Universidade de Vigo-Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
On the other hand, this jury will also be the one that will designate the Best Short Film of the International Schools Section, after the FICBUEU team chose the 6 best pieces sent in recent months. The finalists in this section are the following:
Fruto do vosso ventre – Fábio Silva (Portugal)
Yi Yi – Giselle Lin (Singapur)
Fall of the Ibis king – Mikai Geronimo, Josh O’Caoimh (Irlanda)
Joy – Alexandra Brodski (Reino Unido)
An ostrich told me the world is fake and I think I believe it – Lachlan Pendragon (Australia)
Es muss – Jumana Issa, Flavio Luca Marano (Suíza)
The winning short films in the categories of Secondary Education and Special, Early Childhood and Primary Education will be announced during the Galician Schools Gala, which will be held on September 23 at 11:30 am. On the other hand, the award-winning pieces of the International Schools and Galician Schools and Faculties Section will be announced during a ceremony that will take place on Monday, September 19 at 1:30 p.m. Both events will have free admission.